Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I have to admit that during my 5 day weekend, I forgot what day it was more than once. :) I intended to blog on Sunday night, but we went to the movies instead. Monday was full of zoo babies and fun family time, and then there was Tuesday (the highlight was dinner with Mom, Tiff, and Jas). So, Wednesday morning isn't so bad, right?

This past week I've been working on a set of paper dolls. My beloved Cricut is one of my favorite tools in the craft lab; however, the cartridges were very overpriced. Michael's had a great sale on a couple of the cartridges a couple of weeks ago and I bought the paper dolls! Here's my first little couple. I'm creating large dolls so I can see where the small pieces fit before creating smaller greeting cards.
















I started this project with cardstock- 1 piece each blue and green to create the background. I used these wavy scissors and a tape dispenser to put it together.
















Then, out came the Cricut. I really love this thing. It was one of my favorite Christmas gifts (thanks again, Mom!). As you can see, I made two people to begin- they are 4 inches tall.




And then, I pieced everything together. What I love most about these dolls is the clothing. It's surprisingly complex. Each piece is cut individually. For instance, the groom here requires: body, hair, hat, 2 shoes, white shirt, vest, coat, bow tie, and flower.









I'm close to halfway through the characters as I build my little guide book. I will post more photos once I have those completed. I'll also be sharing my card rack, which now holds greeting cards for every occasion. And finally, I have another project from the Big Ass Book of Crafts that I'm finishing. I'm not too great with the sewing machine, so bear with me as I work on this project: an artist sketchbook cover with holders for pencils and utensils. Tiffany asked for one as a birthday gift, which gives me a couple months to perfect this sewing adventure. See you soon, craft-tastic friends!

No comments: