Monday, April 26, 2010

Pucker Up!



Projects for Week 1 of the craft adventure are all about the pucker! I've seen several recipes for lip gloss and toothpaste recently. Jason and I both like to know where our food and cleaning products come from... and what they contain! On the Food Revolution this past Friday, Jamie Oliver told parents to choose foods that contained ingredients that they recognized. A good rule of thumb seems to be: if you don't know how to say an ingredient (or if you don't know what it is!), don't put it into your body. Now, the Big Ass Book of Crafts claims that once an individual has used this homemade toothpaste for a week, you can actually taste the chemicals in regular toothpaste if you were to use it again. Uh, that's really gross. I'm certain I don't like the "taste" of chemicals. So, here are my first projects for the week. Let me know how you're eliminating nasty chemicals from your home and diet! :)














No comments: